The Retreat’s mission is to provide safety, shelter and support for victims of domestic abuse and to break the cycle of family violence.
24-Hour Hotline (631)329-2200: Free & Confidential
WHO WE ARE
The Retreat is a safe haven for families in crisis. Since 1987, we have been providing domestic violence and sexual assault services along with education to families, friends and neighbors in Suffolk County. Professionals and trained volunteers give clients the opportunity to safely heal and reestablish their lives, free from violence.
WHAT WE DO
Our services include a 24/7 domestic violence crisis hotline, individual and group counseling, legal advocacy, a residential shelter for adults and children, and violence prevention and education programs for children, teenagers and adults, taught in local schools and community-wide. All services are free and confidential.
Be a part of the solution. Spread awareness and education, donate to your local domestic violence agency, raise money through special events, instead of gifts ask for charitable donations, volunteer your time or your resources, and, perhaps most importantly, listen to help a friend who is being abused.
- DV, IPV, Abuse: What Does It Mean?You may have heard domestic violence, intimate partner violence, relationship abuse, and other related terms used interchangeably. You also may be wondering, […]
- Childhood Witnesses to Domestic ViolenceBrian Martin, who is a board member at the Childhood Domestic Violence Association, came across a disturbing finding about how infrequently people […]
- Navigating Healthy Relationships During COVIDNavigating relationships during normal circumstances can be difficult, so figuring one out during COVID is no easier. I’m no expert, just a […]
- Why Stay? Why Leave?People who are not familiar with abusive relationships have a hard time understanding why someone would stay in one. Typically, the first […]
- Hotline: Not Just For Those Who Want To LeaveFor many people who might be in abusive relationships, taking the step to call a domestic violence hotline number might save their […]