We are still providing services. We are not closed.
Call our hotline if you need help. (631) 329-2200
Our Digital Doors are Open: Click Below for Services Available
The Retreat’s mission is to provide safety, shelter and support for victims of domestic abuse and to break the cycle of family violence.
WHO WE ARE
The Retreat is a safe haven for families in crisis. Since 1987, we have been providing domestic violence and sexual assault services along with education to families, friends and neighbors in Suffolk County. Professionals and trained volunteers give clients the opportunity to safely heal and reestablish their lives, free from violence.
WHAT WE DO
Our services include a 24/7 domestic violence crisis hotline, individual and group counseling, legal advocacy, a residential shelter for adults and children, and violence prevention and education programs for children, teenagers and adults, taught in local schools and community-wide. All services are free and confidential.
Be a part of the solution. Spread awareness and education, donate to your local domestic violence agency, raise money through special events, instead of gifts ask for charitable donations, volunteer your time or your resources, and, perhaps most importantly, listen to help a friend who is being abused.
- Books for Healing & Breaking the SilenceBooks are a great resource for anyone who wants to learn more about domestic abuse, how to find support if you are […]
- Increasing Access for VictimsThe Retreat Adds Chat Function to Website The Retreat staff is now available by chat to offer information and support to those […]
- Rent Law Changes During COVID-19By Susan Bereche, Retreat Attorney In addition to extending the moratorium on evictions (and foreclosure actions) to August 19, the following modifications […]
- Facts@Five: LTV InterviewLTV’s Angela LaGreca interviews Loretta K. Davis, Executive Director, and Regina Mysliborski, Director of Counseling, both of The Retreat about how The […]
- Legal UpdatesBy Susan Bereche, Retreat Attorney Unemployment & Undocumented Challenges As a result of the increasingly large number of New Yorkers facing termination […]