The Retreat’s mission is to provide safety, shelter and support for victims of domestic abuse and to break the cycle of family violence.
24-Hour Hotline (631)329-2200: Free & Confidential
WHO WE ARE
The Retreat is a safe haven for families in crisis. Since 1987, we have been providing domestic violence and sexual assault services along with education to families, friends and neighbors in Suffolk County. Professionals and trained volunteers give clients the opportunity to safely heal and reestablish their lives, free from violence.
WHAT WE DO
Our services include a 24/7 domestic violence crisis hotline, individual and group counseling, legal advocacy, a residential shelter for adults and children, and violence prevention and education programs for children, teenagers and adults, taught in local schools and community-wide. All services are free and confidential.
Be a part of the solution. Spread awareness and education, donate to your local domestic violence agency, raise money through special events, instead of gifts ask for charitable donations, volunteer your time or your resources, and, perhaps most importantly, listen to help a friend who is being abused.
- Sexual Assault: It Is NEVER Your Fault“One night at a party I started kissing this guy I sort of knew from school. We were both drinking, and when […]
- Thoughts on Writing a BlogWhat is a blog, really? I have volunteered to write this for The Retreat, and I don’t know what I am doing! […]
- Why Purple?Have you ever wondered why domestic violence agencies across the United States uniformly use the color purple to bring awareness to their […]
- You Can Be an AllyDo you know someone who is in an abusive relationship or suspect that is the case? The best way to help them […]
- Consent is a Process“Back in high school, I started a relationship that became fairly serious. There were a lot of positives but as the months […]