The Retreat’s mission is to provide safety, shelter and support for victims of domestic abuse and to break the cycle of family violence.
24-Hour Hotline (631)329-2200: Free & Confidential
WHO WE ARE
The Retreat is a safe haven for families in crisis. Since 1987, we have been providing domestic violence and sexual assault services along with education to families, friends and neighbors in Suffolk County. Professionals and trained volunteers give clients the opportunity to safely heal and reestablish their lives, free from violence.
WHAT WE DO
Our services include a 24/7 domestic violence crisis hotline, individual and group counseling, legal advocacy, a residential shelter for adults and children, and violence prevention and education programs for children, teenagers and adults, taught in local schools and community-wide. All services are free and confidential.
Be a part of the solution. Spread awareness and education, donate to your local domestic violence agency, raise money through special events, instead of gifts ask for charitable donations, volunteer your time or your resources, and, perhaps most importantly, listen to help a friend who is being abused.
- #HearMyVoiceDuring Domestic Violence Awareness Month, The Retreat is taking the opportunity to share information on available services and empower our community to help those […]
- Vicki Cooper Recognized for Leadership by Long Island Business NewsCongratulations to Shelter Director Vicki Cooper on being honored as one of Long Island Business News Executive Circle Awards winners. The Executive Circle Awards […]
- Portrayals of Abusive Relationships on TV and in MoviesJust like in real life, the way domestic abuse is portrayed in movies and on television can vary greatly and includes abuse […]
- Brands that Support SurvivorsThere are many national retail companies that help support survivors of domestic abuse, human trafficking, and sexual assault. They do this by […]
- Books for Healing & Breaking the SilenceBooks are a great resource for anyone who wants to learn more about domestic abuse, how to find support if you are […]