We are still providing services. We are not closed.
Call our hotline if you need help. (631) 329-2200
We are carefully and proactively monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and its potential impact on our staff, our clients and our community. Safety and well-being are top priorities, as we continue to deliver the best possible services to those in need. We have instituted a number of precautions based on guidance from local and global public health organizations. As the situation evolves, we will continue implementing sustainable safeguards for our staff and clients.
Please be aware that we are using the guidance of the National Centers for Disease Control and the NYS Department of Health as our primary sources of information. You can access much of the same information by visiting www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019 and www.health.ny.gov.
Other measures implemented:
- Enabling remote work with clients for direct service staff when possible.
- Adding phones for our counselors for phone sessions, minimizing personal contact.
- Facilitating advocate outreach to clients on Retreat cell phones.
- Posting best practices are in offices, on entrance doors.
- Communicating with staff about personal protective measures to practice at work and at home.
- Putting in place an emergency communication plan to enable managers to reach their staff by text with updates, changes, questions.
- Setting up computers for remote access.
- Providing additional cleaning at offices and the shelter.
- Putting in place visitor restriction to our offices and facilities.
- Postponing non-essential professional and personal travel.
- Forming a Crisis Team for rapid and thoughtful decisions and actions.
- Reinforcing that anyone not feeling well will stay home
We are also evaluating our planned events, school programs and scheduled meetings to determine the best path forward, including postponing these functions or when able, converting to audio or videoconferencing. We are confident in our ability to manage this situation and look forward to continuing our work to change lives.
If you have any questions, please call 631-329-4398 or email email@example.com. Thank you.
With deep gratitude,
Loretta K. Davis, Executive Director