We are still providing services. We are not closed.
Call our hotline if you need help. (631) 329-2200
Retreat Blog Posts
Message from Executive Director Loretta K. Davis
So many of you have reached out to offer support and encouragement, thank you. It means so much to me and the entire staff at The Retreat.
While we can’t change what’s going on in the world, we can make a difference! For those who have suffered from abuse, the issues do not pause or take a break even during the declared National Emergency for COVID-19. In fact, those issues may become more difficult to manage.
Call if You or Someone You Know Needs Help:
24-Hour Hotline (631)329-2200
In this time of crisis, The Retreat is here for anyone in need of assistance. We want to be clear that the agency is not closed. To ensure clients are supported we have taken specific steps to maintain access for those in need:
- The 24-hour Hotline is operational, with access to multiple languages. (631)329-2200 or Deaf Crisis Line at VP (321)800-3323
- Our counselors are available for phone sessions.
- Advocates are working remotely with clients and the courts. Orders of Protection are being still being granted by courts and enforced.
- Our emergency shelter remains operational, with safety protocols in place.
- Many of our administrative functions are being done by employees working from home. If you call the main office (631)329-4398, please leave a message and someone will return your call shortly or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Ways to Help
If you would like to support Retreat families during this challenging time, please consider making a donation. Your support will help cover the cost of:
- The expanded need for services as isolation and tensions rise.
- Food for our shelter and survivors who are struggling to cover essentials.
- Basic hygiene items and deep cleanings which will help us protect our staff and clients.
- Remote communication platforms for survivors.
- Video conferencing tools for our staff.
You may donate online at www.allagainstabuse.org or text RETREAT to 91999.
With deep gratitude,
Loretta K. Davis, Executive Director