The Retreat’s mission is to provide safety, shelter and support for victims of domestic abuse and to break the cycle of family violence.
24-Hour Hotline (631)329-2200: Free & Confidential
WHO WE ARE
The Retreat is a safe haven for families in crisis. Since 1987, we have been providing domestic violence and sexual assault services along with education to families, friends and neighbors in Suffolk County. Professionals and trained volunteers give clients the opportunity to safely heal and reestablish their lives, free from violence.
WHAT WE DO
Our services include a 24/7 domestic violence crisis hotline, individual and group counseling, legal advocacy, a residential shelter for adults and children, and violence prevention and education programs for children, teenagers and adults, taught in local schools and community-wide. All services are free and confidential.
Be a part of the solution. Spread awareness and education, donate to your local domestic violence agency, raise money through special events, instead of gifts ask for charitable donations, volunteer your time or your resources, and, perhaps most importantly, listen to help a friend who is being abused.
- Hotline: Not Just For Those Who Want To LeaveFor many people who might be in abusive relationships, taking the step to call a domestic violence hotline number might save their […]
- Talking About BoundariesIn any healthy relationship, communication is key. This phrase is tossed around a lot, but it’s true — any kind of relationship […]
- Proudly Wear Denim!For everyone who loves to wear their favorite jeans, here is another reason to wear them with pride. On April 28th put […]
- Sexual Predators are Not The Boogie Man In the ClosetHeadline from February 24, 2020: Harvey Weinstein Is Found Guilty of Rape. After deliberating for five days, a jury convicted Weinstein of […]
- In the Dream House: A book reviewThe last time I wrote a book review was probably in elementary school unless you count my Goodreads reviews (which are extremely […]