The Retreat’s mission is to provide safety, shelter and support for victims of domestic abuse and to break the cycle of family violence.
24-Hour Hotline (631)329-2200: Free & Confidential
WHO WE ARE
The Retreat is a safe haven for families in crisis. Since 1987, we have been providing domestic violence and sexual assault services along with education to families, friends and neighbors in Suffolk County. Professionals and trained volunteers give clients the opportunity to safely heal and reestablish their lives, free from violence.
WHAT WE DO
Our services include a 24/7 domestic violence crisis hotline, individual and group counseling, legal advocacy, a residential shelter for adults and children, and violence prevention and education programs for children, teenagers and adults, taught in local schools and community-wide. All services are free and confidential.
Be a part of the solution. Spread awareness and education, donate to your local domestic violence agency, raise money through special events, instead of gifts ask for charitable donations, volunteer your time or your resources, and, perhaps most importantly, listen to help a friend who is being abused.
- Know Your Worth: Digital Boundaries EditionTeen dating violence is more prevalent than you may think; 1 in 3 teens experience some form of relationship abuse in the […]
- #ThatsLove #ThatsNotLove#ThatsLove and #ThatsNotLove are shortcuts for talking about healthy and unhealthy relationship behaviors. When we recognize both sets of behaviors it makes […]
- Police Reform SurveyBy Hon. Loretta K. Davis I was chosen to serve on a police reform committee, community members who represent the diverse groups […]
- What is it like to talk to an adult about dating?Each February, The Retreat honors Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month because dating violence among teens is more common than people think. 26% […]
- Southampton Youth Board Honors Retreat Teen LeaderThe Southampton Youth Board is proud to honor Southampton residents who have volunteered their time, energy, and expertise on behalf of youth […]